X-Men Take Over the Weekend Box Office
Honestly, what else do you expect from superheroes?
The X-Men prequel, X-Men: First Class, made $56 million in its debut weekend; worldwide, it made $120 million. The budget for the film was $160 million, so let’s hope they can make that up. It’s gotten great reviews and the cast includes James McAvoy, January Jones and rock royalty Zoe Kravitz. Have you seen it yet??
The Wolf Pack had a so-so second weekend out. After a record breaking Memorial Day weekend, the film dropped to the second spot with $32.4 million. There are a lot of other sequels in the movies right now: Kung Fu Panda 2, Pirates of the Carribean; where are the original stories?!
The box office round up:
- X-Men: First Class, $56 million
- The Hangover Part II, $32.4 million
- Kung Fu Panda 2, $24.3 million
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, $18 million
- Bridesmaids, $12.1 million
- Thor, $4.2 million
- Fast Five, $3.2 million
- Midnight in Paris, $2.9 million
- Jumping the Broom, $865,000
- Something Borrowed, $835,000