‘The Hangover: Part II’ Record-Setting Weekend
What did moviegoers think of The Hangover: Part II? Well, it doesn’t really matter because they came out in record numbers to watch the Wolf Pack anyway. Since opening last Thursday, it has grossed approximately $118 million domestically, one of the fastest and biggest debuts in movie history. It’s opening day estimates were $31.6 million, the third biggest Thursday opener ever. And that doesn’t include today, Memorial Day.
It is also second biggest R-rated opener of all time;first place belongs to Matrix: Reloaded. The other big debut of the weekend belongs to a more PG comedy: Kung Fu Panda 2, which opened with $54 million.
The rest of the top 10 below. Which movie did you see over the holiday weekend?
Relations. Numbers for the full, four-day Memorial Day will be noted tomorrow.
- The Hangover Part II, $86.5 million
- Kung Fu Panda 2, $48 million
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, $39.3 million
- Bridesmaids, $16.4 million
- Thor, $9.4 million
- Fast Five, $6.6 million
- Midnight in Paris, $1.92 million
- Jumping the Broom, $1.9 million
- Something Borrowed, $1.8 million
- Rio, $1.78 million